"Owner's Pride"


I was driving home from the grocery store today and I saw a nice vehicle with a logo on the side. The logo said “Owner’s Pride.” 
Of course I had to look it up and see what it was. It’s a detailing service for automobiles. 
The Logo caught me off guard. Instantly when I saw it, it created a picture in my mind. Just like the car had a sticker put on it of “owner’s pride,” I feel like the Lord feels that way about us. In my opinion, the Lord’s jealousy is a concept that is difficult for many people. Our God is a jealous God and he wants all of our heart and all of us. He knows he competes with many things that are vying for our attention.  Any parent of a teenager can probably relate.    You probably have a good idea what it’s like to compete with a iPhone for the attention of your teen.


Exodus 34:14 
The Lord, whose name is jealous, is a jealous God.  

Deuteronomy 4:23 
For the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.  

Exodus 20:5
I am a jealous God

(Ok, you get the point.  He’s clearly jealous.)

It’s as if he stamps us.  “Daughter of mine” “Chosen one” “Beloved” 

He says:
John 14:18
You are no longer orphans.  

1 Corinthians 6:19
Your bodies are temples of the holy spirit, who is in you, who you have received from God.  They are not your own.  

John 10:29 
My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand.  

He claims us and we are his. Just like a Father beams when his child accomplishes something, the Lord is so proud of his children. He delights in seeing us succeed. That logo is such a great visual for us. He’s written has law on our hearts and our very make up speaks of who he is. He gets all the glory and all the bragging rights. He has owner’s pride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison: The Invisible Poison

“It’s been a long week”

Idleness vs. Active Rest